Safe Ratings. These give a guide to the quality of the safe and wherever possible, we will confirm this rate with the manufacturer or by consulting the most up to date AiS (Association of Insurance Surveyors) guide.
External Size of the safe in mm. Sizes will be shown as Height x Width x Depth. Please allow +/- 10mm
Internal Size of the safe in mm. Sizes are shown as Height x Width x Depth. Please allow +/- 10mm. If dimensions are critical for your installation, please contact us to confirm.
Weight of the safe shown in kilograms (if known at time of entry). If weight is critical (for instance for upstairs installation) please contact us for confirmation.
The most common lock type in the UK is keylock and should come with 2 keys. However, other types available are:
Combination: where the dial is turned a few times one way to a number and then turned the opposite direction to a different number 2 or 3 times until open.
Digital: where a keypad is pressed to enter a code (usually between 4 and 16 digits). Electronic will soon become the major type of lock as the owner can change codes at will and many have features such as dual entry, time lock or time delay and multiple users with different codes.
Most safes offer fire protection of a sort. However, there are stringent tests applied to paper and media protection commonly showing 30, 60 or 120 minutes protection. The documentation, or a plate on the inside of the safe should state if this is for paper or computer media (items such as photographs, microfiche and computer disks are damaged at lower temperatures than paper. If a statement such as 'in house' is used, it should be noted that independent tests have not been carried out and may not be accurate.
- An ideal safe if you require protection against both fire AND burglary. This safe has been tested as having £10,000 cash protection and 60 minutes fire protection - most safes offer one or the other. The specifications are:
- Independently attack and fire tested by ECBS to EN1143-1 Grade 1 & EN15659 LFS 60P
- Association of Insurance Surveyors approved (AIS)
- UK Police approved under the Secured by Design scheme
- A high level of fire protection combined with a high level of security
- Ideal home or commercial safe for both valuables and papers
- Double walled steel body and door filled with special fire and security composite
- High quality machined parts for a superior finish
- Superior anti-rust treatment
- Choice of key, electronic or biometric locking
- Removable Internal coffer in sizes 2 & 3
- Option of pull out shelves and hanging frames in size 4
- Adjustable shelf in each model
- Base fixing