Safe Ratings. These give a guide to the quality of the safe and wherever possible, we will confirm this rate with the manufacturer or by consulting the most up to date AiS (Association of Insurance Surveyors) guide.
External Size of the safe in mm. Sizes will be shown as Height x Width x Depth. Please allow +/- 10mm
Internal Size of the safe in mm. Sizes are shown as Height x Width x Depth. Please allow +/- 10mm. If dimensions are critical for your installation, please contact us to confirm.
Weight of the safe shown in kilograms (if known at time of entry). If weight is critical (for instance for upstairs installation) please contact us for confirmation.
The most common lock type in the UK is keylock and should come with 2 keys. However, other types available are:
Combination: where the dial is turned a few times one way to a number and then turned the opposite direction to a different number 2 or 3 times until open.
Digital: where a keypad is pressed to enter a code (usually between 4 and 16 digits). Electronic will soon become the major type of lock as the owner can change codes at will and many have features such as dual entry, time lock or time delay and multiple users with different codes.
Most safes offer fire protection of a sort. However, there are stringent tests applied to paper and media protection commonly showing 30, 60 or 120 minutes protection. The documentation, or a plate on the inside of the safe should state if this is for paper or computer media (items such as photographs, microfiche and computer disks are damaged at lower temperatures than paper. If a statement such as 'in house' is used, it should be noted that independent tests have not been carried out and may not be accurate.
- Independently tested and certified by ECBS to EN1143-1 Grade 5
- Double walled steel body filled with ultra high performance concrete and special steel armouring devices
- Three way locking bolts
- Special attack protection of the lock and boltwork
- Multiple re-locking devices secure the door in case of attack
- Option of left hand hinge*
- Dual key lock as standard
- Option of mechanical combination, electronic PIN or biometric locks
- Cable hole for alarm connection
- Adjustable shelves in each size
- Back and base fixing
*Subject to 8 weeks lead time and additional charge